Oakland Yellowjackets April Meeting Minutes 2017
8 people in attendance, meeting at Rich Arita’s house
1. Kickoff Ride (4/15/17)- we discussed last-minute details regarding the Kickoff Ride, including the need
for several detours on the ride back to the Lake, due to road closures.
2. Start times- According to a survey we did a few years back, the opinion of club members is split
almost evenly as to whether to start the regular season rides at 8:00 am or 9:00am. Obviously, there
are valid reasons on both sides of this perennial controversy!
After some discussion, the decision wasto keep the start times as they were last season- 8:00 am for
Lake rides, consult Ride Calendar for BART and away rides.
3. Santa Cruz Ride- Our Santa Cruz ride will take place on September 23 and 24 this year. Route details
are still being worked out. Like last year, we will have a catered dinner at the Monterey Bay Marine
Sanctuary Center, located near the Municipal Pier. The exact cost per rider is also not yet finalized, but
it is estimated that it will be about $50.
Like last year, riders will be responsible for obtaining their own lodging, so it’s not too early to book a
4. As we begin our 2017 Season, we want to create a welcoming and supportive environment for new
riders. Rich Arita has created a ride leader sign-up spreadsheet; please contact him if you are interested
in leading or sweeping either a Light or Humane level ride.
At the beginning of the rides, we as a club will ask if there are any new riders present, and help them
decide which ride level would be best for them. We will introduce them to the ride leader(s) for that
We will also attempt to identify the Light riders, introduce them to the ride leader(s), and answer any
questions they might have.
5. Treasurer’s report- Leslie says that as of 3/31/17, the club has $3,532. In the bank, plus $634 from
PayPal, for a total balance of $4,166.