OYJ Meeting Minutes November 30, 2016
Location: Richard Arita’s Home
Time: 7-8:30 PM
Fred called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm In attendance were Rich Arita, Robin & Bob Shopbell, Leslie Griep, Dan Cloak, Len Nathan, Deb James, Midori Tabata, Dale Harrington, and Bob Fearman.
- New Treasurer is Leslie Griep taking over for Jane Middleton. There will be a few weeks transitional period for account setup, banking signature/approval, etc. Probably to be completely transitioned into the new position in early 2017.
- Dale to update the membership application for the upcoming year.
- Santa Cruz end of season ride was a huge success. Planning to do it again in 2017. Committee to be form to pick a date and announce to club early in 2017 to stimulate interests and for member to book accommodations. We agreed to avoid any busy Santa Cruz weekend. Participants to pay for meals and venue, as well, as lodging. Probably select a couple hotels to recommend members book to stay.
- Xmas party. Approximate total of 35 signed up. Looking for volunteers to help with set up at Fred’s parents at 2 PM on day of event, Dec 10.
- Kick Off ride tentative set for 4/15/17, which is a week after Cinderella Ride. Someone is checking if the Lake Merritt location need to be reserved. We will also look to improve communication to the public to improve attendance.
- 30th Anniversary jersey has been delivered. 35 ordered by the club and delivered, of which, 25 was ordered by members. (10 jerseys of various sizes are available to other members)
- Off Season Ride list has been prepared by Dan. Generally, the list replicates last years rides with the updated dates. This list will be placed on our website.
- Email - . The club website uses Wildappricot application, of which only 5 administrators can send email to all members. In order for members to email to the rest of the club, OYJ is using gmail to form a group list (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, the gmail group need members to join group or they won’t get the group emails. About 10% of the existing members have not join. Dale is to review the club members list to see who has not yet join the gmail group. One of the administrator will contact them directly to ask them to join the gmail group. The old yahoo group list is out of date and is not to be used for communication.
- Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) is seeking members of OYJ to set up and lead a ride on January 15, 2017. Approximately 15 miles with minimal hills.
- Club Meeting - Discussion regarding how often to meet. In lieu of meeting monthly, there was talk about meeting quarterly and maybe having an all club meeting once a year. A specific committee or a special event meeting could held as needed.
- Fred adjourned the meeting at 8:30 pm.